The West Duluth Business Club (“the club”) became a permanent organization on January 17, 1902, with the election of its first board of directors. Membership numbered 150.
Throughout the WDBC history, the club has had many name changes:
1902: West Duluth Commercial Club
1938: West Duluth Businessmen’s Club
1974-75: Western Area Business and Civic Association
1980’s – 90’s: The Western Area Business and Civic Club
2012 to present: The West Duluth Business Club, often abbreviated to WDBC. (The official name is the Western Area Business and Community Club)
The mission of the Club at its inception was for the “advancement of the industrial, commercial, municipal, educational, social and even the moral interest of the western section of Duluth and entire Duluth area.”