Applications due April 1
The City of Duluth is making funds available through the Duluth Community Parks and Recreation Program fund, to support projects and initiatives which will enhance and improve City parks and recreation. The grant program is designed to provide direct support for community groups and organizations to establish value in, and add value to, our City parks, amenities and recreation. Grant awards may range from $500 – $5,000 per request. The City has partnered with the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation to manage and administer this grant program. The deadline for applications is April 1, 2018.
Proposals will be reviewed by a grant review committee. Committee recommendations will be presented to the City of Duluth Parks and Recreation Commission for review and final funding recommendations will move forward to the Duluth City Council for approval.
Proposed Projects must:
· Take place entirely or primarily on existing recognized units of Duluth’s parks, recreation, and trails system;
· Support the mission of Duluth’s Parks and Recreation Division to fulfill the essential recreational, educational, cultural,
and environmental needs that create a dynamic community; and
· Encourage both financial and volunteer efforts.
Priority is given to projects that support one or more of the following key elements of the Parks and Recreation Master
– Improve the quality of existing parks (especially neighborhood parks),
– Have fewer, but higher quality recreation buildings,
– Enhance stewardship of natural resources,
– Focus on connecting the community through trails and bikeways,
– Expand partnerships with schools for community recreation and gathering, and
– Increase use and recognition of volunteers and volunteer groups.
Funding is not meant to provide permanent support but organizations must have the financial potential to sustain program funding beyond the Community Parks and Recreation Grant Program. Organizations may only receive funding for the same project twice.
Grant applications are due April 1, 2017. To begin the application process, follow this link:
For more information, please call the Community Foundation office at 218-726-0232. The next round of applications will be due October 1, 2018.